Warmwood Day 2
[Well, here goes nothing.
He hopes he's right, because if he isn't, Banjou may be about to help kill a villager, but it's not helping their group as much as he would like.
But he needs to get this out of the way.]
Kimblee-san, I need to speak with you alone.
He hopes he's right, because if he isn't, Banjou may be about to help kill a villager, but it's not helping their group as much as he would like.
But he needs to get this out of the way.]
Kimblee-san, I need to speak with you alone.

no subject
[He hadn't exactly expected company out here; he's been keeping to himself for most of the day. Just the same, he gestures for Banjou to follow before setting off back toward his own cottage, with every intention of leading him back to his room if there aren't any objections.]
I admit I didn't expect you in particular, Mr. Banjou, but I can't say I mind the company. Let's then.
no subject
[The sort of plans Banjou comes up with aren't the ones that work out, that much Banjou is completely aware of. But he isn't the one coming up with the plans, so he's thankful for that much.
He has to rely on his brother for this, but if he can secure the votes of all of the demons, they'll have nearly all of the votes needed.
It's a gamble, but it might just pay off.
As it is, he doesn't speak until Kimblee has lead him back to his room.
Banjou is silent for only a moment before he says, somewhat quietly:]
I believe Fulbright-san is the False Seer.
no subject
He smiles a bit at it, vaguely; his eyes remain cold, even as he gestures toward the bed, the implication clear.
Go on, sit.]
I'd like to hear why you think that - do continue.
no subject
He doesn't like Kimblee, but Kimblee is an ally, and that means that Banjou is going to protect the man to the best of his abilities. He sits, taking a moment to gather his thoughts before he continues.]
Why would the False Seer decide to scan Fulbright-san instead of you? At the trial, you were the one to claim a role, one the real False Seer would know isn't true.
Logically, you should be the person they scan.
But what if they couldn't scan you? What if something prevented them from seeing anything at all? The False Seer would still know you're a liar, but they wouldn't know for certain if you're a demon or not.
You chose to block Fulbright-san last night in the event he might come after you. I think he was left wanting to call you out, but he couldn't do anything because his visions wouldn't work. So he claimed to have a dream about himself as a demon because he can already confirm that he is one of the Faithful, but not anyone else.
no subject
That's interesting.
[His expression remains placid, though he's clearly thinking.]
It had occurred to me that the note left more than enough space to turn it around on Fulbright himself; I had also noticed that it called me a liar, not a demon, which was...an interesting choice.
I hadn't pieced together exactly why that might be, however. Well done.
no subject
He asked the Lady at the trial yesterday if she remembered the roles she assigned people, too. I didn't think there was anything strange about the question at the time, but he was trying to see if he could catch you in your lie, I think.
If he's the False Seer, he's the only one among the Faithful who would know you're not telling the truth.
Whether he realized it or not, he implicated himself in that note. I think we can accuse him of being a demon. We have the numbers to be able to influence the vote.
[...]
My brother is going to attempt to do just that.
[And yes, that is a complete admission that Tsukiyama is going to be the next one to go if this succeeds.]
no subject
[Speaking of interesting things that have left your mouth, Banjou.]
That's surprisingly cold of you.
no subject
It's not something Banjou would do normally. He looks away at that because the wall is suddenly fascinating.]
He'll wake up when this is over.
[It'll completely destroy the alliance in Tokyo, but the Lady is a liar. It needs to be done.]
If I meet my end in the flames, at least he'll still wake up.
no subject
I suppose I should thank you for arguing to spare him last night; I wanted him gone then, but he'll be useful to us today.
[...]
I assume you'll be able to see this through with no complications?
[Please don't have a fucking crisis over this, is what he's saying.]
no subject
This is a terrible thing he's doing, but it's for the good of the group. If this succeeds, Tsukiyama will know Banjou is one of the demons, which means he'll know he's next.
It's not a good situation to be in.]
I'm the one who started this. I can't get cold feet now.
no subject
no subject
It was only after talking to my brother I realized the significance of the letter.
[Stumbling into the conclusion of "Fulbright is the False Seer" had been a complete accident, to be honest.]
no subject
[He sounds amused, really.]
I assume you want to try to coordinate the voting among us, then - that will make it far easier to gain a majority.
no subject
We don't have a lot of time, so we need to pass the word as quickly and as discreetly as possible.
To have a majority, we need at least fifteen votes. If we all vote as a group, that's ten, plus my brother makes eleven. So we'll need to convince four people at the trial.
I know it's a gamble, Kimblee-san.
no subject
no subject
[But there are more important things to focus on.]
We probably won't have enough time to speak again before the trial.
I need to talk to a few more people. You should probably do the same.
no subject
[...]
Thank you, by the way. For letting me know about this.
no subject